I mentioned earlier in the the year that a major focus of mine has been to help better educate people about AV Foundation. I’m happy to announce I’m working on a new book called Learning AV Foundation that will provide a comprehensive guide to mastering the framework. The book provides a hands-on guide to working with the various features of the framework and focuses heavily on building real-world applications for iOS and OS X.
The book is still early in its development, but the publisher has made a Rough Cut version available on Safari Books Online. The first 5 chapters are currently available and new ones will be added as the content is developed. A Rough Cut chapter is the raw, unedited version, so if you notice any errors or omissions, ping me here or leave a comment on the book’s page on Safari Books Online.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with AV Foundation
- Playing and Recording Audio
- Working with Assets and Metadata
- Playing Video
- Using the AV Kit Framework
- Capturing Media
- Using Advanced Capture Features
- Reading and Writing Media
- Composing and Editing Media
- Mixing Audio
- Performing Video Transitions
- Layering Animated Content